Deadlists states that the Dead played in Bangor, ME on 4/22/71 (their first
appearance in ME).  I'm wondering if that date is based on solid evidence -
ticket stub, concert attendee, etc.

Yesterday I was looking for any mention of this show in archives of the
Bangor Daily News for the week preceding and following this show and didn't
see a word about it, though I did see an ad for Gordon Lightfoot at the same
venue on 4/23/71.  Granted, the Dead weren't as famous as they would become
but they certainly weren't an unknown.  It seems reasonable to think that
there would be some mention of it, either before or after, in the local
paper.  Then again, the BDN didn't really have much of an entertainment
section then either.

I also checked out issues of the alternative weekly at that time and didn't
see any mention of it (perhaps the thing to do is look through the UMaine
Orono Campus paper archives).

Just wondering if anybody knows what information this date is based on.

Thanks,
Iver