Hey now John, I was at this show and it went Yogi Phlegm (Sons of Champlin), NRPS,
Dead on at midnite, Yogi Phlegm again, another NRPS set, then final Dead set. It was a
loong night.  I was in the closest to stage main floor section (last row, aisle seat)
just in front of Jerry when he was on the left (from the audience).  I hadn't seen the
Dead since 1968 and they had sure gotten a lot stranger.  Early in the evening a lady
ran by with a leather sack and gave me ten thingees and said "Take one and pass the
rest around!".  By the start of the Dead's second set the doors were thrown open and
any/every body could come and go as they pleased.  I met one couple who had been
listening to the show on the radio and HAD to be there.  So they drove over to
Winterland and strolled in for the end of the show.  Great times. Take care, Grateful
Bill

  • 12/31/71 McAleer, William