Interesting piece but, in my opinion, almost certainly a fake.

a) Most other concert posters from Stockton during this time period indicate
the "Stockton Civic Auditorium" as the venue.

b) Even though Mouse and Kelly had used Edmund J. Sullivan's skeleton w/
roses illustration in FD-26 seven months previously, the skeleton imagery
now so commonly associated with the Grateful Dead really did not become
prevalent until later.

c) Biggest tip off of all: the large red "Grateful Dead" lettering. This is
all most certainly a rip off of the lettering that Kelly created for the
"American Beauty" album cover which not published until 1970.

gory=28009

Iver