Title: Re: 9/14/78
At 3:44 PM -0500 2/2/04, jeff tiedrich wrote:
At 12:08 PM -0800 2/2/04, Charlie Miller wrote:
I have a Dat of 9/14/78 that is labeled SBD>Multitrack Master Reel>Cass>Dat.
This recording sounds like crap and has way too much hiss, and by the end of the tape, the pitch is off.
Does anyone know any info about this recording, other than what I have mentioned?
I have the Audience of this show, which is much better than the sbd, but someone has asked for the sbd, so before I put it up on a FTP server, I wanted to make sure it is the best circulating sbd...

Thanks..cm

The inferior cassette-gen soundboard comes from the estate of John Kahn. John's widow gave Ryan Shriver a bunch of John's cassettes and this show (as well as 9/15/78) was among the stash. If I recall correctly, 9/15/78 was the only one of John's cassettes that didn't already circulate in better quality.

Ryan, if he's still on this list, will no chime in with more specific information than I can dredge up from my memory.

I meant to write that 9/14/78 was the only show that didn't circulate ....