This has been bothering me for quite a while.
Everything I read says the wall of sound debuted in
March of 74.  My first shows were 12/18-19/73.  If
that wasn't the wall of sound, what was it?  Huge
stacks of blue JBL speakers.  Rolling Stone had done
an article on it about a month before the show, and I
knew what to expect, and even sat where I thought I'd
get the best mix of sound based on the diagram they
published.  The clearest, cleanest sound I had ever
heard or have heard since then.

How was this different from the wall of sound?

Thanks

Dan