I recently came across a poster or handbill for the 2/25/66 acid test
http://www.deadlists.com/posters/1960s/19660225.html

The information on that says the venue was Cinema Theatre on Western Ave in
LA

Under comments the deadlists entry says, "Owsley "Bear" Stanley: ...the
Sunset Blvd. test was 25 Feb."

Was there a different test on Sunset Blvd or perhaps the venue was moved
from Western Ave to Sunset Blvd?

As an interesting aside I found this on a general theater website
(http://cinematreasures.org/theater/2231/): "The last time I went to the
Cinema was in the late 1960's, to see "Don't Look Back." I got the feeling
that the people running the place had dropped acid. The tidy, European
atmosphere was gone, and the subdued colors of lobby and ticket area had
been replaced with a sloppy coat of lurid, day-glo orange paint. The place
went rapidly downhill after that, and was showing x-rated movies within a
couple of years."

Iver