Hi Folks,

There was a show on May 29, 1967 at the Napa Fairgrounds in Napa, CA, in a building now called Chardonnay Hall.  I was in high school then and was one of the three promoters of the show.  I remember them playing a thrashing “Viola Lee Blues”, “It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue”, “Cold Rain and Snow”, and “Good Morning Little Schoolgirl”.   They played a couple sets and everybody had a great time. I still have one of the (very tacky) posters we put up around town. Admission was $2.50(!)  We grossed something like $2,600, so upwards of 1,000 people attended – pretty good turnout a small town back then.  We were kind of clueless promoters – Pig told me he wanted a large pizza with everything, so I responded with words to the effect that I’d go get it if he paid.  This was met by a silent cold Pigpen stare, a look so chilling it instantly provoked in me the revelation that it was the promoter who was expected to pay for such items.  It was my first show and I’m still going.

All the best,

Robert Jordan