Charlie - Thanks for the updated listing and recording!

DeadLists group - Here is a preliminary copy of the new entry for 2/3/68 based
on the newest most complete copy via Charlie Miller.  Please reply back with
comments, corrections, etc.

In the old entry there was a notation of this after new Potato.  I'm not
hearing it. Can someone else listen of it and tell me just where it is on the
new Miller copy?  I am refering to:  "spoken: "goes to three, alright? ...on
four""

The new entry:

Band Grateful Dead

Venue Crystal Ballroom

Location Portland, OR

Date 2/3/68 - Saturday posters  tickets, passes & laminates

One [59:46] Cryptical Envelopment (1) [#1:43] > The Other One (2) [2:37] >
Cryptical Envelopment [3:12] > New Potato Caboose [8:51] ; (3) [0:09] % It
Hurts Me Too [#3:56] ; (4) [0:09] ; Born Cross-Eyed [2:35] > Jam (5) [1:46#] %
Good Morning Little Schoolgirl (6) [#15:24] ; [0:05] % Dark Star (7) [#5:22] >
China Cat Sunflower [3:20] > The Eleven [5:28] > Jam [3:58] > Feedback [1:05#] %

Comments (1) The first few notes of Cryptical are missing. (2) After the first
Cryptical, there is no Drums intro to The Other one. This show is the first
with the standard Other one lyrics - however, Bobby does flub them a bit: "A
Spanish lady comes to me, she lays on me this rose. It rainbow spirals round
and round, it trembles and explodes. It left my mind, crater of a mind..., what
the hey. And the heat came round and busted me for smiling on a cloudy day. I
was skipping through the lilly fields, when I came across an empty space. It
quivered and exploded, left a bus stop in its place. The bus came by and I got
on, that's when it all began. There was Cowboy Neal, at the wheel, of a bus to
never-ever land". Bob Weir stated in an interview that after they got back from
this tour they found out that Neal Cassady had died on this night. (3) and (4)
spoken: "thank you". (5) this Jam sounds like a Spanish Jam, but it is rather
rough, and it is Phil playing
 the lead part that Jerry would normally play, with appropriate drums and organ
flourishes. (6) the GMLG from this show sometimes circulates on tapes of
02/02/68 - it was spliced into that show for a GDH broadcast. See listing for
02/02/68. (7) The first few bars of Dark Star are missing and at the end of it,
Phil says "Leave the light on, will ya?", then a few more notes, and China Cat
starts. Dark Star maps: 0.00 - start, intro, jam, theme ; 1.31 - start verse
one ; 2.22 - end verse one, then various short jams, that later appear full
blown on the "Live/Dead" version ; 4.04 - start verse two ; 4.57 - end verse
two ; 5.11 - Phil Lesh says: "Leave the light on, will ya?" ; closing notes;
5.28 - Dark Star ends. The Eleven maps: 0.00 - starts with Garcia ; 0.16 - the
eleven, for real ; 0.28 - Lesh joins in ; 0.54 - everyone is doing the eleven ;
2.46 - pre-vocals theme ; 2.57 - start verses ; 3.39 - end verses then jam ;
5.18 Garcia starts a new theme not
 in 11/4 time. The older tapes, DATs, and SHN sets have a different song order
and are incomplete. The best and most recently circulating copy, as well as
DeadBase XI, give the sequence above and include the It Hurts Me Too between
New Potato Caboose and Born Cross-Eyed.

Download Sources Soundboard (just link to this one, previous copies are
incomplete and have been superceded):

"http://www.archive.org/details/gd1968-02-03.sbd.miller.97346.sbeok.flac16";

Recordings 60 SB

Master recording source(s): 1/4inch-4trk Master re...@7.5ips

Contributors David Sorochty , Ihor W Slabicky , David Gans , "The Art Of Rock"
book p278, Bob Weir, Gordon Sharpless , Adrian M. Johnson , Charlie Miller

Caretaker David Sorochty email update