Bruce - Thanks for you input to the 1968 listings.  I have updated the entry
based on your info.

All -

Here is an updated entry for this show, to say that it was cancelled.

Rather than pull it out entirely, I'm updateing it.  It would be cool if we had
a simple DeadLists page with cancelled shows listed. That way they won't keep
cropping up again years from now.

Band Grateful Dead

Venue PNE Coliseum

Location Vancouver, BC

Date 11/16/68 - Saturday posters tickets, passes & laminates

Comments According to Bruce McLennan, tickets had been sold, but the show was
cancelled. Newspaper ads called this the "Soul Explosion". The line-up was to
be: "Grateful Dead, Loading Zone, Little Dion (7 year old wonder), Special
added attraction: Chuck Berry. Starting time 8.00pm, tickets 2.50, 3.50, and
4.50."

Recordings

Download Sources

Contributors Matt Schofield , Rob Weiner, David Sorochty, Bruce_McLennan

Caretaker David Sorochty email update

Hi

Can’t recall if it was deadlists I previously emailed about this or not but
this 1968 show in Vancouver was cancelled. I had a ticket for it and was really
bummed when I found out it wasn’t going to happen. It was a weird line-up but
it would have been fantastic to have seen them live in 1968. It was never
rescheduled.

Had to wait until 1973 before they came back to Vancouver and I finally got to
see them live. By then the Dead was no longer the psychedelic beast that I
still love the most. In fact, I’m listening to the Valentine’s Day show from
1968 at the Carousel Ballroom as I type this. Amazing show.

Bruce McLennan

Ottawa

Band

Grateful Dead

Venue

PNE Coliseum

Location

Vancouver, BC

Date

11/16/68 - Saturday

posters

tickets, passes & laminates

Comments

Not listed in DeadBase XI. Newspaper ads call this the "Soul Explosion". The
line-up is: "Grateful Dead, Loading Zone, Little Dion (7 year old wonder),