Actually the article this entry is based on says the Dead's appearance was at
Daytop Village, which is at 450 Dayview Ave. on Staten Island -  not the
Village Gate.  A different jazz session of the benefit took place at the
Village Gate.

Here in a even more updated entry:

Band Grateful Dead

Venue Daytop Village

Location Staten Island, Ny

Comments Afternoon concert to benefit Daytop Village, a drug rehab center. Held
on the grounds of the center at 450 Dayview Avenue, Staten Island, NY.  Also
performing were the Lebron Brothers, Ray Barretto, Johnny Pachero, Kenny
Rankin, Jeremy Satyra, Mother and the All Night Newsboys, and The Children of
God.  This entry base on an article titled "4-DAY MUSIC FETE AIDS EX-ADDICTS"
in the New York Times (Jun 16, 1968, pg. 58).

Download Sources

Recordings

Contributors David Sorochty , Joe Jupille

Caretaker David Sorochty email update