> I have no clue how all these things are meant to work so some hints will
> be mostly appreciated.Here is what I have done so far. I hope that I
> installed the other library correctly not sure though. I think that this
> is a dynamically linked library called libTexgencore.so. I modified the
> Make_global_options.in script of deal.II so that the compiler looks for
> the headers of the texGen library that I include in the deal.II driver
> code.

That is one way. However, this seems like the wrong place to do that: since 
the texgen stuff isn't used in deal.II itself, it seems like the wrong place 
to modify Make.global_options.in. Rather, I would add this stuff to the 
Makefile in your own project directory.


> I think that I did that correctly since I am not getting for the 
> moment any compilation errors of the form "could not find such and such
> header" also linking pass succesfully though it does not seem to be the
> case since the executable crashes down giving an error
> libTexGencore.so:could not open shared object file no such file or
> directory.

You will have to do something like this:
  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/texgenlibs:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
before you execute your program. deal.II itself uses some magic in the 
makefiles to avoid that you have to do this, but that's tricky and it's 
probably simplest if you just add the texgen directory to LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Best
 W.

PS: The texgen graphics on your wiki are pretty cool. I'm looking forward to 
what results you get by coupling texgen and deal.II :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wolfgang Bangerth                email:            [email protected]
                                 www: http://www.math.tamu.edu/~bangerth/

_______________________________________________
dealii mailing list http://poisson.dealii.org/mailman/listinfo/dealii

Reply via email to