Ben,

On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 5:41:26 PM UTC-4, Ben Shields wrote:

> Hey there, thanks for the response. I made the recommended change to
> trilinos_sparse_matrix.cc, and the corresponding test code returns the
> appropriate output. However, I'm still getting an issue in my particular
> case. It's improved in that the resulting matrix is now square and the
> dimensions agree with the serial case, but the contents still do not match.
>
> I introduced the new code into deal.ii version 8.3.0, I'm hoping to avoid
> updating to 8.4 for as long as I can. Could there be some other bug in the
> multiplication step in trilinos_sparse_matrix.cc? If not, I will try
> updating to the newest version and repeat the change there.

This is way too vague for us to help you. Maybe it's a bug in deal maybe
it's a bug in your code. What you want to do is to simplify your code as
much as possible so that it still shows the wrong behavior but it is easy
for us to understand the code. Basically, you want to create a small test
like one of these https://github.com/dealii/dealii/tree/master/tests and
then, send it to us.

Best,

Bruno