Hi freinds,

I have parallelized a code for a Thermoelastic problem based on step-40 .
Although the non-parallel code works for all the initial values and
boundary conditions, the parallel one fails giving this error :
"PETSC ERROR: Caught signal number 11 SEGV: Segmentation Violation,
probably memory access out of range"

It seems from debugger backtracethat that error comes from the
PETScWrappers::SolverCG.
Surprisingly, the problem converges for few initial value or boundary
conditions (not for all problem conditions) when I change the
preconditioner from PreconditionAMG to PreconditionJacobi.

It would be appreciated if you could give me any clue why I have this
error. The following is my solve object:

template <int dim>
 unsigned int
 Solid<dim>::solve ()
    {

      LA::MPI::Vector
      completely_distributed_solution (locally_owned_dofs,
mpi_communicator);

      SolverControl solver_control (dof_handler.n_dofs(), 1e-12);

      #ifdef USE_PETSC_LA
      LA::SolverCG solver(solver_control, mpi_communicator);
      #else
      LA::SolverCG solver(solver_control);
      #endif

      LA::MPI::PreconditionAMG preconditioner;
      LA::MPI::PreconditionAMG::AdditionalData data;
      #ifdef USE_PETSC_LA
      data.symmetric_operator = true;
      //data.strong_threshold = 0.5;
      #else
      /* Trilinos defaults are good */
      #endif

    preconditioner.initialize(tangent_matrix, data);

//  LA::MPI::PreconditionJacobi preconditioner(tangent_matrix);

      solver.solve (tangent_matrix, completely_distributed_solution,
system_rhs,
                    preconditioner);

      constraints.distribute (completely_distributed_solution);

      solution_update = completely_distributed_solution;

      return solver_control.last_step();
    }

Thanks,