Hello all,

It seems that using block_write() and block_read would be easier to store
data and reuse them
as initial conditions on identical geometry and mesh compared to using
boost:serialization. However,
I have some issues and quires (I do not use parallelization in my code). I
shall be thankful if someone
clarifies the following things:

(i) Suppose I want to store my 'Solution' vector to the zeroth block of a
BlockVector 'solution_save'.
For that I have used the following command (in blue) and I get error (in
red). It seems that the first
line is not the correct way to store vectors in the block. Can you please
let me know the correct command?

solution_save.block(0) = solution;
std::ofstream output_text("data.txt");
solution_save.block_write(output_text);

/home/abasak/Desktop/Anup/dealiicodes/myprogs/junks/step-26/step-26.cc:338:28:
error: no match for ‘operator=’ (operand types are ‘const BlockType {aka
const dealii::Vector<double>}’ and ‘const dealii::Vector<double>’)
     solution_save.block(0) = solution;

2. I am solving mechanics problem. So I need to store the stress and strain
tensors at each node as well. I was wondering if it is possible to store
the tensors somehow. One possibility could be, I think, to store all nine
(here six) components in different blocks and reunite them while reading.
But is there a smarter way to store tensors?

3. Also, I must save the triangulation and all nodal and element
information. How to go about it?

Many thanks,

Regards,
Anup.