On 11/09/2016 05:35 PM, 'Joaquin M Valencia Bravo' via deal.II User Group wrote:

jomivalen@Nalia ~/cfem/trilinos/lib $ ldd libepetra.so.12.6.2 | grep mpi
    libmpi_cxx.so.1 => /usr/lib/libmpi_cxx.so.1 (0x00007fb4ac8f7000)
    libmpi.so.1 => /usr/lib/libmpi.so.1 (0x00007fb4ac576000)

jomivalen@Nalia ~/thesis/dealii-8.4.1/build/lib $ ldd
libdeal_II.g.so.8.4.1 | grep mpi
    libmpicxx.so.12 =>
/home/jomivalen/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2016.1.150/linux/mpi/intel64/lib/libmpicxx.so.12
(0x00007f75b64c3000)
    libmpi.so.12 =>
/home/jomivalen/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2016.1.150/linux/mpi/intel64/lib/libmpi.so.12
(0x00007f75b3855000)
    libmpi_cxx.so.1 => /usr/lib/libmpi_cxx.so.1 (0x00007f75ae037000)
    libmpi.so.1 => /usr/lib/libmpi.so.1 (0x00007f75adcb5000)

What does these results mean?. What should i do?

Since the second of your questions was already answered, let me answer the first one (what does it mean?).

You happen to have two different MPI installations on your system. One is apparently the one provided by Intel as part of the Intel compilers that you have installed on your system. The other one is just a regular MPI implementation in the standard /usr/lib directories. Apparently, when you built Trilinos, the Trilinos cmake configurationi scripts chose to use the regular MPI implementation. But for some reason, when you built deal.II, the deal.II cmake configuration scripts chose the Intel MPI.

I don't know why that happens. It is possible, for example, that your $PATH includes both /usr/bin and /home/jomivalen/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2016.1.150/linux/mpi/intel64/bin, and that in one directory you have an executable mpic++ and in the other mpicxx. Usually, they are interchangeable, and we just search for the first one we find. I assume that Trilinos does the same. If they search in a different order, then Trilinos finds one and deal.II finds the other one. If that's the case, then it is probably a bad idea to have both of these MPI implementations accessible by default.

It is also possible that you loaded one module when you built Trilinos, but another when you built deal.II.

          • Re: [de... 'Joaquin M Valencia Bravo' via deal.II User Group
            • Re... Wolfgang Bangerth
              • ... 'Joaquin M Valencia Bravo' via deal.II User Group
              • ... Wolfgang Bangerth
              • ... 'Joaquin M Valencia Bravo' via deal.II User Group
              • ... Denis Davydov
              • ... 'Joaquin M Valencia Bravo' via deal.II User Group
              • ... Wolfgang Bangerth
              • ... 'Joaquin M Valencia Bravo' via deal.II User Group
              • ... Jean-Paul Pelteret
              • ... Wolfgang Bangerth
              • ... 'Joaquin M Valencia Bravo' via deal.II User Group
              • ... Wolfgang Bangerth
              • ... Yi-Chung Chen
  • Re: [deal.II] Interfacin... Timo Heister