Dear Daniel,

You can obtain local DoF values from a global FE vector using
> FEValuesBase::get_function_values [1], create the right-hand side locally
> as you wish and use ConstraintMatrix::distribute_local_to_global to create
> the global right-hand side. This is outlined in step-21 for example.

Considering for example the term  [*M*+k*theta**A*]**U* in my right-hand
side, since the mass matrix(M) and laplace matrix(A) in the local level
have the size of *dofs_per_cell * dofs_per_cell* I need to have a local
solution vector to multiply with them. However,
FEValuesBase::get_function_values returns solution values at quadrature
points in a vector with the size of  *n_q_points*. I was wondering if there
is a function that returns nodal solution values for every cell.

Thank you very much for your time.

Best regards,
Hamed