Dear Seyed,

I assume there is a mistake within the documentation of
> parallel::distributed::Triangulation<dim, spacedim> class. Below the
> "detailed description" part within the second box there is written
> &MyGeometry<dim>. Doesn't it have to be &MyClass<dim>?

Yes, this looks like a copy-paste error in the documentation. Would you
like to submit a patch to correct it?

> With regard to the same topic: I would like to know, if it is possible to
> read from a .msh input file and refine afterwards for a parallel
> distributed mesh. Hence, using the procedure from the documentation by
> means of the set_boundary_ids() function there should be a way to reuse the
> predefined boundary ID structure from the input file, am I right? How can
> we reuse the initial boundary ID setting efficiently without much effort?

When you refine cells at a boundary, the child cell's faces will inherit
the boundary and manifold ID's of the parent cells regardless of whether
the mesh was read in or created using the GridGenerator functions.

> In my case mesh refinement works for 1 core, but for several cores it
> fails with the following error:
>
> Assertion failed in file
> ../src/mpid/ch3/channels/nemesis/src/ch3_progress.c at line 560:
> !vc_ch->recv_active
> internal ABORT - process 0
> Assertion failed in file
> ../src/mpid/ch3/channels/nemesis/src/ch3_progress.c at line 560:
> !vc_ch->recv_active
> internal ABORT - process 4

This file is not a part of the deal.II project, so unless you can provide
more details (i.e. a proper stacktrace) then we can only assume that the
problem does not relate to deal.II itself.

Kind regards,
Jean-Paul