Timo,

Great! I looked at Utilities::MPI::sum() and it might be exactly what I
need.

Do I use it in this way?

double global_quantity = 0;

for locally_owned_cell
  quantity += local_cell_contribution

Utilities::MPI::sum(global_quantity, mpi_communicator);

Thanks so much for the quick reply!
Weixiong

在 2017年5月4日星期四 UTC-7下午1:36:24,Timo Heister写道: