> On 15 Jun 2017, at 19:38, Victor Eijkhout <eijkh...@tacc.utexas.edu> wrote:
>
>  You seem to be saying that I need to add something to a file that is
> generated by cmake.

Nope. You add things to **your** CMakeList.txt

> And even then, it seems to be about a file deal.IIFeatureConfig.cmake which I
> can't find anywhere.

You need to install the current development version of deal.II (from GitHub
master branch).
Then in CMake of **your** project after deal.II is found you do

INCLUDE(${DEAL_II_FEATURE_CONFIG})

to have DEAL_II_TRILINOS_DIR available, which will point to the Trilinos used
to build deal.II.

Then you use https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.0/command/find_package.html
<https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.0/command/find_package.html> to re-find the
Trilinos with extra libraries you need for your project.
Something like

find_package(Trilinos COMPONENTS <extra_libs_you_need> HINTS
${DEAL_II_TRILINOS_DIR})

alternatively you can do

  FIND_LIBRARY(Trilinos_extra
    NAMES <libname>
    HINTS ${DEAL_II_TRILINOS_DIR}/lib
    NO_DEFAULT_PATH
  )
  TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(${YOUR_TARGET_NAME}
          "${Trilinos_extra}"
    )

> Victor
>
> PS so there is no simple flag for "add these libraries”?

I don’t know a simpler way with CMake.

Regards,
Denis.