Hi, all

I am little bit confused by weak form for advection problem written in
step-9 tutorial

in the its tutorial, in the middle of the line, it says that...

I am little bit unsure the red-marked form,

>From the whole boundary integral, we put inflow case, to the right hand
side, and remaining part on left-hand-side is cases other than inflow
condition

so I thought, this should be..

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-_-hS916j4W8/WZICJB_jYWI/AAAAAAAABEU/scEwE0R6BlYkOd4_vFYaAm-8rLuEOdqoACLcBGAs/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2017-08-14%2Bat%2B2.59.36%2BPM.png>

the left hand side term is boundary that is not inflow case...

I saw similar expression, in Dr. Bangerth video lecture 31, on hyperbolic
equation, here his weak form also marked 'not inflow boundary' remaining in
left hand side and inflow case, with boundary value description went to RHS
<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-cH5kYs776Is/WZICpHCSv8I/AAAAAAAABEc/_xxauCWctgQjlxdx61-e9PCBuYZkLJINwCLcBGAs/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2017-08-14%2Bat%2B3.04.56%2BPM.png>

..... I am not sure i am just confusing some of indication... ..

thanks !

This is a point we made in the introduction of step-3
<http://dealii.org/developer/doxygen/deal.II/step_3.html>. There, we argued
that to avoid this very kind of problem, one should get in the habit of
always multiplying with test functions *from the left* instead of from the
right to obtain the correct matrix right away. In order to obtain the form
of the linear system that we need, it is therefore best to rewrite the weak
formulation to

(vh+δβ⋅∇vh,β⋅∇uh)Ω*−(β⋅nvh,uh**)**∂**Ω**−*=(vh+δβ⋅∇vh,f)Ω−(β⋅nvh,g)∂Ω−

and then to obtain