Hey Jean-Paul!

Sorry it took so long to answer, I was on a conference this week and didn't
come to write you.

Thank you for offering your help! I will definitely try to implement this
and I'll try my best, to have it as close to the current layout of
ContinuousQuadratureDataTransfer as possible. I'm thinking of giving the
prepare_for_coarsening_and_refinement-function some kind of switch (only
continuous data - only discontinuous data - both types of data),
implementing the corresponding discontinuous interpolation and adding a
pack_discontiuous_values/unpack_discontiuous_values-function to
TransferableQuadraturePointData, to see which values are continuous (->
pack_values) and which are discontinuous (-> pack_discontiuous_values). I
think two seperate pack functions would be easier to handle and more
straightforward than one pack-function with some masking-variable.
What do you think, does this sound like a good concept?