> in the code and re-implemented it. In serial version, all works fine so far.
> However, when running in parallel, I am seeing an issue in the method
> PlasticityContactProblem::update_solution_and_constraints.
>
> In particular, it turns out that the value of
>
> const unsigned int index_z = dof_indices[q_point];
>
> might be out of the range of

If you do a loop over all locally owned and locally relevant cells
than all dof values of a ghosted vector should exist. If you see an
error, something else must be incorrect (like the IndexSets).

>   PETScWrappers::MPI::Vector lambda( this->locally_relevant_dofs,
> this->mpi_communicator);

This looks suspicious. Does this really create a ghosted vector in
PETSc? I thought this would fail (at least in debug mode).

Finally, it looks like you modified it to only look at locally owned
cells to build constraints. The problem with this is that processors
also need to know about constraints on ghost cells, not only locally
owned cells. You no longer compute them, which means the solution
might become incorrect around processor boundaries. It probably
(hopefully?) works without adaptivity because each locally owned DoF
is within at least one locally owned cell, but imagine a case where a
dof on a ghost cells is constrained and interacts with a hanging node
the current processor owns. You will not handle this case correctly.

I don't quite remember if there is an easy way to do this, but I
remember writing a debug function that checks if a ConstraintMatrix is
consistent in parallel. This was a while back, but I can try to find
it.

--
Timo Heister
http://www.math.clemson.edu/~heister/