On 08/17/2018 02:56 PM, Juan Carlos Araujo Cabarcas wrote:
Hej, thanks for your prompt answer!
Yes, your interpretation of my poor description is correct. So then I just need to create a new FEValues within the cell loop containing the points where I want to evaluate the shape functions, right? How do I add this points?

Also if the points are in the physical quad, do I need to map them to the reference quad [-1,1]x[-1,1] before adding them, or I just add the points directly to the FEValues?

Yes.

I think you probably want to read through the implementation of the VectorTools::point_value() function, which does exactly what you want.