No that's fair enough.

I had thought the way I was doing it would be the equivalent of setting no
tangential stresses. I actually also did it this way as I wasn't sure how
you impose it strongly.

To impose strongly - would you just use
VectorTools::compute_nonzero_tangential_flux_constraints
with the ZeroFunction?
or is there a function similar to compute_no_normal_flux_constraints?

I'll try that and see if there's a difference.

Thanks