Dear prof. Bangerth,

I am not sure how to answer your question. I'm using a very basic a setup
equivalent to step-8. Therefore, I have a solution vector with final
displacements where each entry corresponds to the displacement of a dof. My
aim is to find the initial position of the vertices in the form of
std::vector<Point<dim>> and the final position (i.e., the initial position
+ its displacement) in the same form.

Best,
David.