Bhanu,

I have looked at 'VectorTools::compute_nonzero_normal_flux_constraints'.
> But what I have here to compute the 'inhomogeneity' is not a closed form
> function, but a discrete FE solution computed from another PDE(in my case
> Stokes). The 'u' in 'w.n = u.n' is a 'LA::MPI::Vector' FE solution vector.
> Can you please suggest?

But the code you need is really similar in the end, see
https://github.com/dealii/dealii/blob/master/include/deal.II/numerics/vector_tools.templates.h#L6976
for the implementation. You would only have to replace using function_map
by evaluating your finite element vector on a given cell.
The code you are proposing in your first message looks reasonable on first
sight, but is restricted to FE_Q(1) elements and always constraining the
first component doesn't look sensible. I would rather go for the component
for which the normal is largest.
Of course, you need to be careful when averaging the constraints at cell
boundaries. This is included in the implementation of
VectorTools::compute_nonzero_normal_flux again. In particular, look at the
DoFToNormalsMap object.

Best,
Daniel