Dear community

I am trying to find a good way to deal with the following problem.

I am interested in a Laplace-Beltrami simulation (say with unknown scalar
field c) on a surface that advects (with displacement field u) enclosesing
a volume of say elastic material.
The two problems are per se uncoupled, but for the geometrical evolution.
In this regard, one may solve separately for displacements in the volume
and for c on the surface, once the latter is informed on the displacement
field (and related gradients) on the surface nodes (and Gauss points).
Extracting the surface mesh from the volume is quite simple. Which is
though the best way to extract (project) the displacement solution on the
boundary? Any suggestion/ hint?

Many thanks,
Alberto

--