Doug and Praveen,

Thanks for your answers. I had a look at step-33. As far as I understand,
although the looping through cells is not through MeshWorker, the assembly
is still global! So, for a non-cartesian mesh, I think you are suggesting
using such a loop over all cells to calculate local matrices. Will these
cell-local matrices stored as an array of matrices in the conservation law
class?

I now have one more question. In assemble_face_term function of step-33,
the normal numerical flux is calculated. This function is called for every
cell-neighbor pair from the assemble_system function. This means, if I am
not wrong, at every interior face quadrature point, the numerical flux is
calculated twice. This might be very costly. Is there a way to avoid this?
One can probably force only one cell to calculate numerical flux at a face
based on the face normal's orientation. But then how can we communicate the
calculated flux to the other cell. Or even better, is it possible to loop
over faces? We could then add contributions to both the cells sharing this
face without double computation.

Thanks again!