Hi deal.II Community,

I am new to the library and I'm trying to implement a prototype Stokes flow
solver with tracer particles using shared memory computing. The overall
procedure is something like:

1) Solve velocities and pressure analogous to Step-22.
2) Execute coarsening and refinement
3) Interpolate velocities to particles and move particles.

What I found is after grid coarsening, the particles which originally
belong to the finer grid loses its host cell and an exception is thrown
from ParticleAccessor::get_surrounding_cell().

I read through step-19 on Github. From my understanding the implementation
there does not involve AMR and therefore such problems do not occur. I also
consulted step-68 and 70. Those two implementations use
parallel::distributed::Triangulation and attach pre- and post-refinement
callback functions to save and reload particles. However in these functions
the dynamic_cast from Triangulation to p::d::Triangulation is invalid and
returns a nullptr.

My question is am I correct to assume that the library does not yet fully
support particles on dealii::Triangulation with AMR? If yes can I ask for
some guidance on how to implement it myself? One naive way out seems to be
to store and reload procedure as is done in the library for
p::d::Triangulation, but is it too costly?

I really appreciate your time and help.

Cheers,
Qihang.