Thank you Bruno for your suggestion. I tried in regular mode and it doesn't
seem to improve the accuracy. The results are approximately the same as I
was getting using the shift-invert method.

One thing that I didn't understand is that I used the scipy function "eigs"
in python
<https://github.com/scipy/scipy/tree/master/scipy/sparse/linalg/eigen/arpack>
which essentially uses ARPACK, and it still it doesn't match with that.
Does it have to do something with the way the ARPACK code is written in
dealii?

Can you let me know how to use Anasazi, I don't see anything related to
this in the documentation of deaii? I am planning to now try this
eigensolver for my problem and would want to see how much it improves the
results.

Thanks!

Animesh