Hi Simon,

This could be helpful:
https://github.com/dealii/dealii/wiki/Frequently-Asked-Questions#how-to-get-the-mapped-position-of-support-points-of-my-element

Here's a code snippet for Option-1, which I usually use.

const auto &               feSystem       = dofHandler.get_fe();
dealii::MappingQ<dim, dim> cellMapping(feSystem.degree);
const auto &               referenceCellSupportPoints =
feSystem.get_unit_support_points();
std::vector<dealii::Point<dim>>
realCellSupportPoints(referenceCellSupportPoints.size());
unsigned int supportPointCtr = 0;
for (const auto &supportPoint : referenceCellSupportPoints)
  {
    realCellSupportPoints[supportPointCtr] =
      cellMapping.transform_unit_to_real_cell(cellIter, supportPoint);
    ++supportPointCtr;
  }

Best regards,
Paras