" I'm sure someone has proved this, but my intuition is that for every
elliptic
equation without an advection term, you will get the same convergence rate
as
for the Laplace equation as long as the coefficient in the elliptic
operator
is nice enoug."

I'll will search in the literature to get deeper information, so thanks for
the hint!
And the nonlinear equations of elasticity are actually elliptic equations?

One last question regarding the convergence rate:
As I previously said in this chat, I am projecting the dim*dim coefficients
of the stress tensor, which are only availabe at the qps, to the nodes
using a global L2-projection and for comparison a superconvergent approach
(superconvergent patch recovery introduced by Zienkiewicz and Zhu).
I will then also determine the convergence rate of the two approaches. As
the name suggests, the superconvergent approach should give me a higher
convergence rate
*as expected. *
-Is the *expected rate* the rate which the laplace equation (assuming that
this holds for elasticity as just discussed) yields for the gradients of
the solution, i.e. ||grad (u-u_h)||_L2 <= ...h^p ?

For me it's not yet fully clear how convergence rate of a projection method
(L2, SPR) is linked to ||grad (u-u_h)||_L2 <= ...h^p .
Basically the input for the projection methods are the gradients (stresses)
at the qps. Of course these values will be changed by the method( apply
projection -> get_function_values), but is this "change" totally
independent of the rate p from ||grad (u-u_h)||_L2 <= ...h^p ?
For me this seems to be the case since in the literature people compare the
rate of  a L2-projection with the rate of a SPR-projection (or other
methods).

Thanks again for helping me!

Best
Simon