Can you illustrate in a small test case what you are trying to do?

Sorry, it was my mistake. Just to reassure myself, such a stack-trace is only printed for Assert() and not for AssertThrow(). I realised this while creating the attached MWE.

Interesting. I had no idea that there was a difference, and why. I'm tracking this here:
  https://github.com/dealii/dealii/issues/12693
I think I know how to fix this, but you'll only get to see this in the next release (or with developer versions), of course.

 The object could be a scalar or a dealii::Tensor<1,dim,double>. I was looking for something on the lines of #pragma omp for using globalSum as a shared variable and a '+' reduction operation.

You can try to use
  std::atomic<double>
and
  Tensor<1,dim,std::atomic<double>>

To me it seemed that there would be an openmp equivalent procedure for such simple reduction tasks.

Even standard C++ :-)

Best
 Wolfgang