On 6/1/22 03:00, hkch...@gmail.com wrote:

I think the following formula is wrong for the position of the first left square bracket: \sum_{q}[\J^{-1}(\hat{x}_q) rather \J^{-1}[(\hat{x}_q)

https://www.dealii.org/current/doxygen/deal.II/group__UpdateFlags.html#:~:text=Second%2C%20this%20integral%20is%20then%20approximated%20through%20quadrature.%20This%20yields%20the%20formula

Hi Chen:
yes, good eye!

Would you like to take the opportunity to write a patch to fix this and become a contributor to deal.II? The source file from which the documentation you point to is generate is
  doc/doxygen/headers/update_flags.h
and instructions on writing patches can be found at
  https://github.com/dealii/dealii/wiki/Contributing

If you don't want to write such a patch yourself, let us know and we'll fix it ourselves!

Best
 Wolfgang