If I remember my mechanics courses correctly they can be calculated in a
post-processing step after obtaining stresses and deformations
by solving the corresponding problem, right?
If so, there are multiple ways.
The maybe not so nice but quick way would be to just calculate the
quantities in VisIt or ParaView when loading the simulation results in
there.
The nicer way is to use the DataPostprocessor in deal.II itself to
calculate quantities depending on the solution when doing the output.
This is exemplarily used in
https://dealii.org/developer/doxygen/deal.II/step_32.html
And there was also a code (possibly in the gallery) that uses the
DataPostprocessor to calculate Vorticity based on the solution to
Navier-Stokes equations.
I hope this helps.
Philipp