On 12/12/22 03:55, BBah wrote:

When i add the BC i cannot see any movement of my element:
constintboundary_id1=11;
VectorTools::interpolate_boundary_values(dof_handler_ref,
boundary_id1,
ZeroFunction<dim>(n_components),
constraints,
fe.component_mask(u_fe));
           const int boundary_id=10;
constdoubledelta_u_x=load_rate*time.get_delta_t();
VectorTools::interpolate_boundary_values(dof_handler_ref,
boundary_id,
ConstantFunction<dim>(-delta_u_x,n_components),
constraints,
fe.component_mask(x_displacement));
Is there any reason why it is not working ?

@bbah: We don't know since we don't have access to your code and so we can't try -- but in any case, you will have to learn to debug these sorts of things. In your case, if I understand you correctly, you want to implement a time dependent displacement delta_u_x=load_rate*time to your displacement computation. The questions to ask then are:

* If you print delta_u_x in each time step, is it nonzero?
* If it is, if you print the 'constraints' object that you create in each time step, does it change from time step to time step? * If it does change, are the entries in there reasonable, i.e., do they correspond to the displacement you want to achieve? * If yes, are you correctly applying them to the linear system and does the output of the linear solve match what you believe it should be?

You are looking at the output of your program after running through a few hundred lines of code, and it appears wrong. But try to break it down into smaller parts that you can individually look at, like the questions mentioned above.