Nedelec elements aren't cheap either. If I recall correctly you'd need 108
dofs for the 6 EM components per element to achieve first order
convergence. (I hope someone would correct me on this if I am wrong)
With AMR and hanging nodes this can get expensive fairly quickly.  The only
thing that worries me about DG is if they could handle the div free
condition well, and if they are robust for high frequency problems.
Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps in some way even if you don't chose this
path.

best,
Abbas