Hi everyone,

I am looking to modify the FE_Q element to have non-polynomial shape
functions.  It looks like FE_Q_Base takes an argument of type
ScalarPolynomialBase<dim> (fe_q_base.cc: line 418).

I am looking at a 2D element and instead of 2D polynomial shape functions
like this:

        N = (1 - ξ)(1 - η)

I would like to add some additional terms like this:

    N = (1 - ξ)(1 - η) + ζ

where ζ changes at different quadrature points.

It seems that I would need to access the values of ζ before computing
fe_values, since the shape functions and their derivatives would be
dependent on ζ.

Any thoughts on how feasible this would be to implement?

Thanks for your input,
Alex