Hello Prof. Bangerth,

Thank you for your response.
The constraint matrix that I get from the above code is:

0 = 0
1 = 0
2 = 0
3 = 0
4 = 0
5 = 0
12 18: 1
13 19: 1
14 20: 1
15 21: 1
16 22: 1
17 23: 1

This includes the dirichlet bc on dofs 0-5. As you can see that the
constraint matrix is according the to constraints i want to apply (refer
the printed output of the code snippet in the previous message). But the
sparsity pattern doesn't seem to be as per this.

Thanks
Vinayak