On 2/1/24 14:50, Alex Quinlan wrote:

Can anyone see where I may have gone wrong or what I have omitted?

Alex:
I cannot see what the issue is, and I doubt anyone can without spending a substantial amount of time debugging. I am slightly confused, though, by the error message. I *believe* that what it is saying is that you are trying to write into a matrix entry that is not part of the matrix -- you can only write into matrix entries you have previously said exist when you passed the sparsity pattern to the matrix. So what you need to find out is who owns row 36, and whether the sparsity pattern you provided on that process included entry (36,48). My best guess is that that entry was not present in the sparsity pattern on the process that owns row 36, and then your goal needs to be to figure out why not -- in other words, why you did not foresee that the entry that you ultimately end up writing into was not included when you constructed the sparsity pattern.