Champaign, IL 61820 USA
217-333-7954 (phone)
217-244-1478 (fax)
fboyle at law.uiuc.edu

From: Boyle, Francis
Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2008 10:45 AM
To: * All Resident Faculty
Subject: FW: Harvard's Gitmo Kangaroo Law School: from

From: david at davidswanson.org [mailto:da...@davidswanson.org] On Behalf
Of fboyle at law.uiuc.edu
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 2:59 PM
To: Boyle, Francis
Subject: fab has sent you a message from AfterDowningStreet.org

AfterDowningStreet.org <http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/>
fab <mailto:fboyle at law.uiuc.edu>  thought you would like to see the
AfterDowningStreet.org web site.
Message from Sender:

Harvard's Gitmo Kangaroo Law School

Boumediene v Bush, 553 U.S. Supreme Court, June 12, 2008 Versus
Harvard's Kangaroo Law School -- The School for Torturers
<http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/forward/emailref/34080>
by davidswanson

By Francis A. Boyle

Not surprisingly, the January 2007 issue of the American Journal of
Imperial Law--otherwise known as the self-styled American Journal of
International Law but originally founded and still operated by U.S.
State and War Departments' apparatchiks and their professorial
fellow-travelers--just published an article by Harvard Law School's
recently retired Bemis Professor of International Law Detlev Vagts (who
only taught me the required course on Legal Accounting) arguing in favor
of the Pentagon's Kangaroo Courts System on Guantanamo despite the fact
that they have been soundly condemned by every human rights organization
and every human rights official and leader in the entire world as well
as by the United States Supreme Court itself in Hamdan v. Rumsfeld
(2006). I am not going to bother to recite here all the grievous
deficiencies of the Gitmo Kangaroo Courts under International Law and
U.S. Constitutional Law.

Click here to read more on our site
<http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/forward/emailref/34080>