From: Boyle, Francis
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 10:06 AM
To: 'fencepost at dailyherald.com'
Subject: Ryan Nobel Peace Prize Nomination Valid

researched this matter before I first nominated Governor Ryan for the
Nobel Peace Prize in 2003. The Nobel Rules request that qualified
Nominators keep their nomination papers confidential, which I have
always done. However, Nominators can make public the fact that they have
nominated someone for the Nobel Peace Prize. The Nobel Peace Prize
Committee has always accepted my five  nominations of Governor Ryan as
valid,  and has always enrolled him on the annual lists of Nominees,
some of whom were also made public by their respective Nominators. In
accordance with their  previous practice, I anticipate receiving an
official  letter from them in March indicating that Governor Ryan is in
the running for the 2008 Nobel Peace Prize. I will be sure to send him a
copy.

Professor Francis A. Boyle
University of Illinois College of Law in Champaign

Francis A. Boyle
Law Building
504 E. Pennsylvania Ave.
Champaign, IL 61820 USA