Hi, just some early notification about an event not to be missed! The Helsinki Debating Society is holding its first-ever In-House Tournament on the 27th of November. If you've debated before and want to sharpen those invaluable skills, or if you've been interested but never quite taken the plunge then this is a great opportunity, as we mix an introduction, some thrilling debates, and a great social and award-giving meal afterwards.

Or if you're just interested in the cash prize, that's ok too!

You are welcome to register individually, or with a partner as a team. We will cater for 24 participants, on a first come first served basis. This registration will cost just €2 per person, which will be added to the €20 prize put up by the society to be given to the winning speakers.

The debates will be held (in English) at Mannerheim sali, starting 12-ish (more details nearer the time) and the dinner will be at Ravintola Satkar afterwards. The event is being convened by Gabe Mastico who has competed and judged in tournaments worldwide. To register, contact him ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) or myself (details below) by Thursday the 24th of Nov.

We hope to see you there for what will be a hugely fun and friendly occasion - for any directions or questions feel free to drop me an email.

Richard Penny
Helsinki University Debating Society
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
p. (+358) 045 1354591