Eddy Petrișor wrote:
> Probably my seat will remain empty and hopefully they will not panic if
> I am not on the train at the Spanish - Portuguese border (which they
> shouldn't taking into account both countries are in the EU).

No, I suppose the only problem I wondered about was being sure that you
can leave the station without any argument.  Getting off the train early
shouldn't in itself be a problem for any train that shows up as stopping
in Caceres.

In the *UK* train system I know it's in principle against the rules to
book a single ticket to a station beyond where you want to go (in a few
cases it's cheaper even without discounts, due to charges included in
the ticket price for using busy stations), and if there are ticket
checks to leave the station they might complain.

--
Moray