On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 11:49:20AM +0100, Giacomo Catenazzi wrote:

> What I find nice of Israeli security policies, it is they make much less
> security theater, and much more (effective) screening. BTW, one of the large
> income of Israel is tourism, so it has not many very closed policies.
>
> So they relay much on screening (you will see at airport: many questions,
> different steps and queues, but you still can keep liquids).
> I really doubts you will have the laptop confiscated for "no particular
> reasons". As I wrote, Israeli security is very professional (and less
> security theater), they, for sure, know that there is cloud, if one should
> "import" nasty data.

I remember a business trip to Jerualem in 1998. When travelling back we
had to queue at the airport for our security screening for at least one
hour (if my recollection is right) and then I had to go through a
security screening, with a nosy officer asking all kind of
questions about which places I had visited, with whom I have talked
(we had done a private trip to the westbank the day before the business
meeting), asking me to show her my name badge from the conference I
had visited, asking to show her the slides of my presentation, and
asking me to explain to her some parts of my presentation. If I remember
right I did not have a laptop with me during that trip.

I have never been treated like that at an airport, and I am not
looking forward to repeat that experience.

-Ralf.
--
Ralf Treinen
Institut de Recherche en Informatique Fondamentale