On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 10:38:20AM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Donnerstag, 27. Mai 2010, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> >   Is anyone interested in acting as Scheduler?  Does anyone with
> > experience from scheduling past debconfs have advice to offer?
>
> do not schedule anything without giving at least 24h "warning" in advance.
> never.
>
> (and to repeat: I'm not only saying this because of video...)
>
> (And if I really need to explain why again, I guess I will do so.)

Hint: As a scheduler in two previous DebConfs I like to stress this
point of Holger especially because I'm guilty for violating this rule.
It should be clear to the person who is doing this job that it will
be under pressure of contradicting opinions when doing the schedule:
On one hand there is the "Holger's rule" above and on the other hand
there will be people who want to drop in last minute.  You have to
be strong to refuse their request.

To the question:  Originally I intended to help in the *Pre*-DebConf
scheduling, but if I'm serios I'm currently to busy to do so and thus
I will not claim to help and see me failing in doing so later.  I
CCed Vanessa who was in the schedulers team the last tow years.  I
guess Ana and Gunnar are reading this list and will rise their voice
themselves (or not).

One thing which turned out quite practical in the last years was to
use GMail calendar as a "shared piece of paper" for scratch scheduling.
I think I registered a GMail account for those who do not have one
for this purpose.  If nobody remembers acocunt name and password and
you want to use this method, just ask me and I will seek my old mails
about this.

Once you are settled with the GMail calendars (each calendar for one
room) just move the things to Penta.

Good luck

       Andreas.

--