On Sun, Jun 06, 2010 at 10:32:41AM +1200, Andrew McMillan wrote:
> > We've promised a schedule by June 15th, 10 days away.  Advice from
> > anyone who has done this before would be awesome.

Didn't I gave advise last week or the week before last week to this list
and CCing Vanessa who did the job together with me the last two years??

> As an alternative though, I can provide accounts on a caldav server. We
> can then create a calendar for each room, and events for each accepted
> talk, and move them around in much the same manner using a CalDAV client
> such as Evolution, Lightning or Sunbird.  We can very likely create the
> inital events from an export of data in Penta.

This sounds more reasonable than the method we used (and I suggested in
my previous mail) to use Google calendars.  While I'm not really paranoid
about Google it might have extra advantages to have the data accessible
on your own server rather than Google calendar.

> Once we're happy I can export the data to SQL to be loaded into Penta,
> and we also have a set of .ics files for the conference.

If Penta has this option this would be really helpful.

Update to my mail where I said that I will have no time this year:  There
might be a slight chance that I could do some work from 13.6. on - but no
guarantee.

Good luck in the scheduling business

       Andreas.

--