Hi,

First, thank you for great work - recording many sessions by debconf video
team.
I can watch them after debconf16. :-)

By the way, there are many sessions and many recorded one with high quality,
but it requires enough bandwidth to watch them or download them.
low quality version of video optionally.

To talk about this topic, I tried to some experimental conversion.

Here is the command line to play with it:
  ffmpeg -i original.webm converted.webm

This executes conversion from vp8 & vorbis to vp9 & opus.

The result:
2_Years_of_Work_of_Paid_Contributors_in_the_Debian_LTS_Project.webm (478M)
=> 72M

A_Billion_People_And_Even_More_Phones.webm(222M)
=> 32M

A_year_in_the_life_of_a_DPL.webm(414M)
=> 60M

Advancing_container_support_in_Debian.webm(203M)
=> 23M

Android_SDK_Tools_in_Debian.webm(301M)
=> 29M

It's worth to provide low quality movies optionally, doesn't you?
(Of course, with low quality, presenter moves drastically,
you may feels that the quality of movie is awful, but it is acceptable I
think.)

--
Kentaro Hayashi <ken...@gmail.com>