Hello Brock!

On 9/29/19 4:10 PM, Brock Wittrock wrote:
> 1) It was a simple enough request and reasonable in my opinion. I'm also glad
> that he was willing to ask in the first place because as some say, when you
> don't ask the answer is already no anyways, so why not ask?
>
> 2) I understand though why the other side sees his request as a bit
> outrageous from a user base and upstream support, perspective (among other
> reasons). In most cases, I'd agree that those are the perfect metrics to
> measure one's decision on for these kinds of matters in almost all cases. On
> the other hand, I see M68K (both the new and old hardware) as an important
> architecture to keep around for 1) keeping a wide variety of CPU
> architectures available for learning, understanding, and diversity and 2)
> historical purposes (although this is obviously the much weaker argument from
> a developer support standpoint -- I'd totally agree with that). I'm also sad
> to hear about the fate of mips(eb). :(
>
> 3) It's clear everyone in this thread is passionate about Debian, free
> software, and in Adrian's case, passionate about keeping the unofficial M68K
> port alive. This passion from everyone is certainly contagious. So kudos to
> all of you.
>
> I hope Debian will reconsider providing at least a small part of the funding
> and I'm positive the hobbyist community around M68K (as well as other
> avenues) can come together for the rest. I believe by doing so, it would show
> Debian doing things that prove itself as "the universal operating system."
That was a very kind message. Thanks a lot for confirming I'm not completely
alone in this thread.

Having said that, I'm going to unsubscribe from this list now as I realize
that what we do in Debian Ports is still not considered useful many others,
so I think it's not possible to find an agreement.

Thanks,
Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz