Hi folks,
With the change in espeak to use the libsonic library from the sonic package,
and since Ubuntu is currently carrying a few fixes to the sonic package, I
decided to move the packaging of this package to the pkg-a11y git repositories
on alioth, with Bill's blessing. There are currently changes sitting in the
repo that address all the bugs currently filed against the sonic package in
Debian, and more improvements, such as multi-arch. Any patches that I made
against the upstream source have been sent to Bill.

It would probably be worthwhile getting these into Debian, particularly since
it would allow further work to be done on espeak for d-i, what with needing the
static library and all. If a Dd could take care of the upload, that would be
much appreciated.

Thanks.

Luke